Home

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."

These days after using Google Chrome for a few months, I decided to change back to use Firefox 4 again because some add-on are not available in Chrome. Although I think Chrome is faster and smoother than Firefox 4 but I have to confirm that the really power of Firefox comes from it’s add-on store.

But it’s not the matter I want to share in this post. The problem I’m considering today is the error thrown by MS Outlook 2010 when I click any link or address from emails after I uninstalled Google Chrome. And it’s easy to get angry with the error like this: “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”. And no more words, I’ll show you the solution right here!

If you received this error after uninstalling any application that takes over the HTML open command (including, but not limited to, Chrome & Firefox browsers) you may also need to change the HTM/HTML association in the registry.

  1. Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
  3. Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify...
  4. Change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile" (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile)

html

Repeat these steps for htm and .shtml keys if they exist. You may also want to check the xhtml and xhtm keys.

Source : Slipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment